I have a deep love for frozen gluten free waffles. Frozen Waffles make my life easier when I am on the run. Here are the various ways I use gluten free waffles during meal time:
1. Chicken, Avocado Waffle Sandwich: Toast two waffles in your toaster. Assemble sandwich by spreading mayo onto each waffle, followed by a slice of lettuce, avocado, onion, thinly sliced chicken breast and tomatoes. Put the two halves together Sometimes I like to add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffle Sandwich: Toast two waffles in your toaster. Let cool so that it is still warm to the touch but not piping hot. Assemble it the way you would a PB&J sandwich.
3. Nutella & Banana Waffle Sandwich: Toast two waffles in your toaster. Let cool so that it is still warm to the touch but not piping hot. Spread 1 tablespoons of Nutella onto one waffles and add bananas on top. Spread another tablespoon of Nutella on the other waffle and place it on top of the other waffle.
4. Egg Salad Waffle Sandwich: Mix together 6 large eggs, 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise, Salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 stalks celery chopped and 1/2 bunch chives chopped. To assemble each egg salad waffle sandwich: place a bit of lettuce on a piece of toasted waffle, top with the egg salad mixture, and top the sandwich with the other toasted waffle. Repeat with other toasted waffles. Make 4 sandwiches.
5. Waffle Sundae: Toast your waffle and place it in a bowl. Top waffle with 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream and nuts (if desired).
6. BLT using turkey bacon and waffles: Ingredients: 4 toasted waffles, 8 slices of cooked bacon, 2 pieces crisp lettuce leaves, 1 large tomato, sliced, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Place two slices of waffles onto a plate. Top waffles with a leaf of lettuce, followed by a tomato slice, 4 slices of bacon. Spread mayo on the other slices of waffles. Place the waffle mayo side down onto the other two waffles. Enjoy!
7. Waffle Tuna Melt: 1 Cans Tuna ( drained and chunked), 2 Tbsp. Onion, chopped
4 slices waffles toasted, 1/4 cup Mayonnaise, 1-1/2 Tbsp. Celery, chopped or pickle relish
4 slices Cheese. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the waffles and cheese. Top 2 of the waffles with 1 slice of cheese. Spread tuna mixture over cheese slices and top with remaining waffles. Spread each sandwich with additional mayonnaise; place in skillet. Cook on medium heat until lightly browned on both sides.
8. Grilled Waffle Cheese Sandwich: You will need 4 waffles, 3 tablespoons butter, divided, 4 slices Cheddar cheese. Preheat medium sized skillet over medium-low heat. Butter one side of one waffle and place the waffle (butter side down) onto skillet. Top with 2 slices of cheddar. Butter a second waffle on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until golden brown and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of waffles, butter and slice of cheese.
9. Peanut Butter Banana Waffle Sandwich: Assemble 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, natural, chunky; 2 tbsp Banana, fresh, slices , mashed; 1 tsp honey and 2 Waffles, frozen , toasted