Thai Papaya Salad is a perennial favorite for anyone who loves Thai food. Our authentic Thai recipe is a colorful combination of bright colors and flavors. Thai Papaya Salad is easy to make any day of the week. Gluten free doesn’t have to be flavor free!
Papaya Salad Recipe
1 1/2 cups shredded fresh green papaya
1/4 cup carrots shredded
8 cherry tomatoes
1 cup green beans cut into two inch pieces
4-6 fresh Thai chiles, remove stems
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp palm sugar
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp of roasted peanut, crushed
1. In a small bowl, wish together the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
2. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and chilies together until it is broken up. Add the green beans. You only want to smash the green beans lightly so that they are bruised, but the pieces are whole. Toss in the tomatoes and lightly crush them.
3. Add the carrots to the mortar and thoroughly stir the carrots with the existing mixture. Add the papaya and make sure it is nicely combined with the mixture. Lightly smash the mixture with the pestle.
4. Pour in the mixed liquid mixture from step 1. Mix the salad thoroughly and lightly pound with the pestle.
5. Transfer the papaya salad onto salad plates and top with roasted peanuts. Serve immediately.
Notes: Traditionally, Thai Papaya Salad is served with sticky rice.